Top Five Spanish Wines to Try Right Now

Top Five Spanish Wines to Try Right Now
    Spain is glorious is so many ways, from its breathtaking architecture to its fabulous cuisine. Besides these claims to fame, Spain is the third largest wine-producing country in the world, following closely behind France and Italy. Over 400 grape varieties grow there, and Spaniards drink about 10 gallons of wine per person per year. Take a look at some of the most delicious Spanish wines: 1. Jaume Serra Cristalino Brut Rose Cava This wine combines two levels of deliciousness into one bottle; the traditional fruit tones of a rose and the effervescent bubbles of a sparkling wine. 60% is from Pinot Noir while the remaining 40% is composed of Trepat. A light citrus note carries the diverse flavors of strawberry and cherry to a crisp finish. Pairing suggestions include appetizers and creamy desserts. At the bargain price of $8.99, this is a good wine to have on hand at all times for unexpected visitors or that perfect early autumn night on the deck. 2. Vinas del Cenit Venta Mazzaron 2005 According to The Wine Advocate, “The 2005 Venta Mazzarron is one of the finest values in Spanish wine. Made from 100% Tinta de Toro, it offers up a smoky, complex bouquet with notes of mineral and blackberry. Ripe, sweet, forward, and altogether pleasurable, it can be enjoyed over the next 6-8 years.” (Credit: www.wine.com and The Wine Advocate). Online reviewers tend to agree, giving this wine a four-star rating out of five. With these rave reviews, the sticker price $15.79 is quite affordable. This is a perfect wine to bring with you to your next BYOB. 3. Bodegas Botani 2009 With five stars out of five, consumers of this Muscat wine cite it as being “very flavorful” with a “satisfying finish”. Several wine magazines have declared it to be an excellent value and tout its complex scents and fruity tones. This wine has a score of 91 from The Wine Advocate, which puts it in the category of “An outstanding wine of exceptional complexity and character” and just under the highest-scoring category. For just $16.29 per bottle, you can’t go wrong with this choice. 4. Osborne Pedro Ximenez 1827 Falling into the second highest-rated category from Wine Advocate, making it “Excellent. Extremely well made and highly recommended”, this sherry from Spain is a tremendous value. Ringing in at just $18.29 per bottle, this very sweet, luscious wine can be sipped as an aperitif, served over ice cream, or enjoyed with a gourmet cheese platter. Perfect to keep on hand for guests you want to impress. 5. Finca Allende Rioja Aurus 2005 Just for fun, we had to throw in the most highly rated Spanish wine on wine.com, even if its price range of $168-$250 makes it a “special occasion only”wine . With a score of 98 from The Wine Advocate, it sits firmly in the highest-rated category, making it “Extraordinary; a classic wine of its variety”. Tempranillo and Graciano grapes comprise its body, and it’s aged for two years in imported French oak barrels. Pick your occasion and sip slowly on this one!

    إرسال تعليق

    ----------